Here's how to set up a manual alert webhook. Once configured, you can create an alert in a channel by using a Slack slash command, create incidents tied to those alerts, and invoke Transposit actions to remediate the incidents.
Transposit webhook setup #
- On the Transposit site, navigate to Settings gear icon > Webhooks, and click Add webhook. Choose "Manual alert integrator." All incoming alerts will always appear in the Activity feed. It is optional to also set a Slack channel for the alert to appear in. (Note: The Slack channel must already exist; create it before adding the webhook.) Click Add.
- Find the webhook you just added, and copy the "Endpoint URL."
Slack slash command setup #
- Go to your Slack's app page, search for "Slash Commands" and select the app with the same name.
- Click the Add to Slack button to create a new slash command, enter a name for your slash command and click the Add Slash Command Integration button.
- In the Integrations Settings section, set the URL field to the Endpoint URL you copied from Transposit, and click Save.
The Slack slash command is now setup to call this webhook.
Note: The text provided as an argument to the slash command will be the title of the alert.