Here's how to set up a Opsgenie webhook. Once configured, you can route new Opsgenie events to alerts in a Slack channel, create incidents tied to those alerts, and invoke Transposit actions to remediate the incidents.
Transposit webhook setup #
- On the Transposit site, navigate to Settings gear icon > Webhooks, and click Add webhook. Choose "Opsgenie alert integrator." All incoming alerts will always appear in the Activity feed. It is optional to also set a Slack channel for the alert to appear in. (Note: The Slack channel must already exist; create it before adding the webhook.) Click Add.
- Find the webhook you just added, and copy the "Endpoint URL".
Opsgenie webhook setup #
- In Opsgenie, navigate to Integrations list.
- Find “webhook” in the list, and click Add.
- In the Webhooks Settings page:
- Set Assigned to Team to a team. We usually set up a “test-team” so the test alerts don’t get routed to them.
- Delete unnecessary actions under For Opsgenie alerts. Ensure you only have “if alert is created” selected. Alternatively, you could have your own custom actions on Opsgenie to invoke a Transposit webhook.
- Paste the endpoint URL copied from Transposit above in Webhook URL.
- Click Save Integration.
- To test, navigate to Alerts in the left navigation. Click Create Alert on the top right corner of the page. Set Responders to the same team as above, and click Create.