Webhooks in Transposit allow you to send data from external services to Transposit. Incoming webhooks are connected to a data parser application, which parses the data. The data can be parsed based on the webhook source, data in the incoming webhook request, and much more. You can also trigger runbooks based on a specific webhook or the data in the request.
How to create a webhook#
- On the Transposit site, navigate to ⚙️ > Webhooks
- Click Add webhook. Choose a data parser application you wish to use with that webhook. All incoming alerts will always appear in the Activity feed. It is optional to also set a Slack channel for the alert to appear in. (Note: The Slack channel must already exist; create it before adding the webhook.) Click Add.
- Find the webhook you just added, and copy the "Endpoint URL." Now that you have created the webhook, you can set up a webhook in any external service to send data to Transposit when an event happens within the external service.
Data parser applications#
An data parser application can:
- Parse data and format alerts
- Pass data to subsequent actions in the runbook
- Call other external services to enrich the incoming data
Here are some of the webhook applications available to you:
You can also create custom data parser applications, learn how here.