Manual alert triggers
Here's how to set up a manual alert trigger. Once configured, you can create an alert in a channel by using a Slack slash command, create incidents tied to those alerts, and invoke Transposit actions to remediate the incidents.
Transposit Trigger Setup
- On the Transposit site, navigate to Settings > Triggers, and click Add trigger. Choose "Manual alert integrator", enter a Slack channel, and click Add.
- Find the trigger you just added, and copy the "Endpoint URL".
Slack Slash Command Setup
- Go to your Slack's app page, search for "Slash Commands" and select the app with the same name.
- Click the Add to Slack button to create a new slash command, enter a name for your slash command and click the Add Slash Command Integration button.
- In the Integrations Settings section, set the URL field to the Endpoint URL you copied from the Transposit site, and click Save.
The Slack slash command is now setup to call this trigger.
Note: The text provided as an argument to the slash command will be the title of the alert.