This guide will help you create your first runbook in Transposit. A runbook in Transposit creates consistent processes for any activity, such as an incident or task. All runbooks are backed by git.
- In the top navigation, go to the Runbooks section and select New runbook.
- You can add a title (required) and description of the Runbook in the right hand panel under Runbook details. Runbook descriptions can use Markdown for styling.
- Select + Add to add steps for the runbook. To edit the steps, navigate to the the right hand panel and select Step details. For step details, you can add a title (required) and description. Runbook step descriptions can also use Markdown too.
- Next, add an + Action to your runbook step, you have the option to choose from a library of pre-built or custom actions. Make sure to fill out any environment variables specific to this instance of your action.
- If you want an action to automatically run when the runbook starts, you can add this in Triggers for that action. You can learn more about different trigger options here.
- If you want a runbook to automatically run based on specific conditions, you can + Add triggers under the Runbook details.
- To test your runbook, return to the Runbooks tab. Click the
... menu on your desired runbook and select "Run".