Services connect your team to on-call schedules and escalation policies. When you've defined your services, you can use them to define paging rules.
Watch this quick screencast for an overview of the steps you'll take below.
Create a Service
Click Settings in the navigation bar on the left.
In the Services tab, click New service.
An empty Define service dialog appears, as shown below.
Define the service by assigning it a name, description, tier, team, and escalation policy.
- Name. The name of the service.
- Description. The description of the service.
- Service Tier. Currently this setting has no impact on the service.
- Owning Team. The team which will have its on-call member paged when this service is selected in a webhook or incident.
- Escalation Policy Override. Choose an Escalation Policy for this service. If none is selected, it will default to the selected owning team's default Escalation Policy.