- Create a BigPanda account.
- In BigPanda, set up a User Key, by clicking the cog icon in the top right, choosing API Keys (under Access Management), and then clicking New Key. Fill in a name in Key Name, click Create Key, and click copy to copy the API key, which you will use in the format Bearer XYZ, where XYZ is the sequence of numbers that constitute the key.
- In BigPanda, set up an Organization Key, by clicking Integrations in the main navigation bar, clicking New Integration, and searching for Alerts API. Click the Alerts API card, fill in a name in Integration Name, and take note of the authorization key under step 3, in the format Bearer XYZ, where XYZ is a sequence of numbers that constitute the key.
- Comment on Incident - Adds a comment to a BigPanda incident
- Create Maintenance Plan - Creates a maintenance plan, occuring once, in BigPanda
- Get Incident Details - Gets details about an incident in BigPanda
- Resolve Incident - Resolves an incident in BigPanda
- Select Environment - Selects an Environment in BigPanda
- Select Incident - Selects an Incident in BigPanda
- Send Alert - Sends an alert to BigPanda. Note this action requires an Org Token type of key in BigPanda.
Before working with individual actions, such as the above, go to the Explore Templates tab in the Automation Hub, and check if a template that suits your needs already exists.
Watch the Video
Watch this quick screencast for an overview of the steps you'll take below.
Set Up the Integration
Let's get started pulling data from BigPanda into Transposit.
Below you create two keys in Transposit, one for the User Key, which you need for all the actions above except the Send Alert action, for which you need the Organization Key.
Make sure you're logged into Transposit, then click this link to open the BigPanda settings dialog, enter a name, and click Save.
In the Integrations list, where your key is now included, click Authenticate.
Provide your BigPanda User Key, in the format Bearer XYZ, where XYZ is a sequence of numbers.
Repeat the steps above for the BigPanda Organization Key.
You should now see that you have two different keys for BigPanda, the User Key and the Organization Key.
Make sure to always use the User Key with your BigPanda actions, except for the Send Alert action, for which the Organization Key should be used.
BigPanda is now enabled to interact with Transposit.
Use the Integration
Now that you've configured your integration, add one or more of the integration's actions to an automation, test the automation, and then add the automation to an incident type.
Add an Action. While creating your automations, when you search for BigPanda actions, you see the following.
When you combine the BigPanda actions, you can let Transposit provide the context for one action from another, as shown below.
Test the Automation. For example, when you test the Select Environment, Select Incident, and Get Incident Details actions together, you see the following.