With Transposit set up for you and your team, you've logged in as an owner or power user, with configuration responsibilities appropriate for an administrator. Now, you're wondering what to do to configure Transposit and how to get started!
By the time you've completed the initial stage of the configuration experience, described below, you will have told Transposit about the tools your team uses, you will have authenticated to some of those tools, and you will have set up your team's first automation.
Watch this quick screencast for an overview of the steps you'll take below.
Click here for more videos.
When you first log in to Transposit, complete the following tasks:
- Set up in Slack. Log in to Transposit with your Slack account, connect Transposit to Slack, and within a few clicks you'll have set up Transposit in Slack.
- Set up your team. Send an email to invite users to Transposit and add them to your team.
- Set up on-call. Set up an on-call schedule to ensure 24/7 availability of your staff, usually to handle urgent or time-sensitive issues that may also arise outside of regular working hours.
- Set up a template-based workflow. Get your feet wet by creating a quick workflow from templates to see how the basic features fit together, from automation to runbook.
- Set up a custom workflow. Learn how to create your own automations and how to make them available to your team's incident responders.
- Set up your team's webhooks. Register webhooks in your external services and applications so that their alerts can be received in Transposit. In some cases, you may want incidents to get automatically created as soon as an alert is received.
You should be able to set up your first workflow and webhooks, as outlined above, soon after first logging into Transposit.
To do the tasks above, users have to have permission to create new automations.
Now that you've taken your first steps, let's set up more comprehensive incident resolution workflows for your team.
- Go to the Automation Hub to automate your processes and workflows. The Automation Hub contains a library of automations that you can add to your incident types, or you can create your own using the Automation Hub.
- Add AI-generated API Calls to enhance your automations with AI. Transposit makes it easier for incident responders to do their work by simplifying automation via built-in support for OpenAI. No need to know the underlying APIs to external tools and services, simply type the information you need and the API calls are generated for you.
- Integrate your team's Cloud services. While you're reusing and creating automations, you'll be integrating with external services and applications, including authenticating to them.
- Customize and define your team's incident types. Now that you have one or more automations, extend the list of incident types that may already be available, so that your team has starting points for their incidents, tailored to their specific needs.